- It repeats on you only in positive ways and doesn’t get stuck in your teeth
- It’s more effective than mistletoe in bringing people together
- Music doesn’t kill your fingers all the way home from the shops in a bag about to break
- It’s perfect shared with friends and there’s always enough to go around
- It’s eco-friendly! Singing and music making requires neither gift wrap nor cellotape
- Music won’t sit around gathering dust and is brilliant to re-gift
- Your jeans may fit even better after a month of singing and musical indulgence
- Instead of breaking after five minutes, it gets better and lasts a lifetime
- No ransacking of the house is necessary for batteries or dice
- Making music and singing is good for the heart, soul, health and well-being of yourself, your pals, your Aunty Sheila, and your community too
3 ways to give the gift of music and song with Community Music Victoria (we’ve got this covered):
- Sign up your family, friends and neighbours to the CMVic monthly giving circle for a gift that gives all year
- Renew your annual membership to Community Music Victoria for twelve months of music making benefits, including membership discounts on all events, camps and workshop bookings, and a range of wonderful resources
- Make a one-off donation to Community Music Victoria. All donations over $2 are tax deductible so you’ll get another little gift in June.
Music is better made together:
Any donation you make can help ensure that more singing and instrumental music leaders get the skills they need to establish more groups, and that special projects like Voices of Peace, StreetSounds, Singing from Country, and That Girl can bring more music to more people who need it in their lives.
Deb Carveth, online editor Community Music Victoria.